Our Multiplication Project
Multiplication-Project: "Integrating Writing Into Teaching"
Writing is imperative for academic success and writing expertise is often required in classes focusing on specialized knowledge in the disciplines. The integration of writing in teaching as a tool to think and learn not only enhances the students' development of the discipline's specific writing expertise, but also lends a hand in the consolidation of the class' contents—and as a result leads to better papers. The Multiplication-Team offers support to teachers of Faculty 13 interested in the fostering of their students' writing skills.
Our Team: Prof. Dr. Michael Hochgeschwender, Prof. Dr. Anja Ballis, Prof. Dr. Ulrich Detges, PD Dr. Peter-Arnold Mumm, Dr. Mirjam Burkard, Dr. Teresa Gruber, Dr. Sabrina Sontheimer, Dr. Bärbel Harju; (Till Woerfel dropped out in September 2017)
- Better integration of academic writing into teaching
- Increased interlocking of the academic disciplines with the offers of the Writing Center
- Development and provision of best-practice models as specific suggestions to integrate writing into teaching
- Workshops by and with faculty interested in integrating writing into teaching and the process-oriented didactics of writing
- Support for faculty offering writing-intensive classes in the form of our Writing Fellow Program
Workshop "Integrating Writing into Teaching"
In July 2017 the Writing Center conducted a survey on the integration of writing into teaching. 117 teachers of Faculty 13 participated. The evaluation identified and collected already existing practices of integrating writing into teaching. The results of the evaluation were presented in a workshop to provide a faculty-wide panel for the discussion of ideas to promote writing.
The workshops "Integration of Writing into Teaching" was offered to all faculty on January 26, 2018.
If you have any questions feel free to send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.